Sunday, December 11, 2022

Cabinet of Curiosity

Theater of Curiosity- fabric, wood, wire, lights, resin, black tape, and resin color (16" x 14" x 8")

Professional photo of Final Solution, View #1 

 Professional photo of Final Solution, View #2 

Professional photo of Final Solution, View #3 

Professional photo of Final Solution, Detail #1 

Professional photo of Final Solution, Detail #2 

At least one in process photo.

Artist Statement: The Cabinet of Curiosity was an assignment that was influenced by a reading from the book "To Have and to Hold". My chapter was called the theater of memory. The reason why I made the over all cabinet look like a theater was purely based from the chapter. My first sculpture in the cabinet was a solar system looking object. The reason why I created this sculpture was because at many points during my chapter it talked about astrology. Seeing that astrology is directly related to stars and space I wanted to create a sculpture that could represent space without completely showing it. The second sculpture is based of the phrase "instrument of knowledge" I could have simply made something that represented a brain since the brain is the first thing that comes to mind when the word knowledge. Instead I created an instrument that does not exist. I combined multiple different types of instruments. This help me communicate to my viewer that the instrument of knowledge is a real thing, but can be seen in different ways.









No comments:

Post a Comment

On Longing

"The souvenir speaks to a context of origin through a language of longing" " The souvenir exist as a sample of the now distan...