Sunday, December 11, 2022

Memento

Escape Your Walls- wood, wool, mirror, (1",1",1")

Professional photo of Final Solution, View #1

Image preview

Professional photo of Final Solution, View #2 

Image preview

 Professional photo of Final Solution, View #3 

Image preview

Professional photo of Final Solution, Detail #1 

Professional photo of Final Solution, Detail #2 

At least one in process photo.

Artist Statement: My momento was created to express a feeling I had off of an experience and the impact that the lesson that I learned during a specific memory. By using the three different materials with completely different texture I feel like it communicates with my view to help understand a deeper meaning. The box represents staying confined within four walls. I made a lid that completely came off the box to make a point. By having the lid to the box come completely off it can express more to the viewer. Having the wool flowing out of the box helps demonstrate going with the flow and leaving the four walls behind. Using a material that was soft help indicate flexibility. Lastly I used the mirror on the lid of the box to help demonstrate the way my perspective was shattered. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

On Longing

"The souvenir speaks to a context of origin through a language of longing" " The souvenir exist as a sample of the now distan...